Comfortis for Dogs:
Comfortis is the first FDA approved chewable beef flavored tablets for dogs. It kills the fleas and prevents flea infestation for the whole month. It starts killing the fleas within 30 minutes of dosing and works 100% effective within 4 hours. Its acts as water proof, as swimming or bathing does not diminish the product’s efficiency.
- It is applicable only for the dogs at the age of 14 weeks or older.
- Seek veterinary advice before using for pregnant or lactating animals, breeding males and for dogs with pre-existing epilepsy.
- Immediate action within 30 minutes from dosage.
- Works for the whole month.
- Destroys the entire life cycle by killing the eggs and larvae.
- Chewable tablet so can be orally given or mixed with foods.
- Environmental friendly.
How it works:
Comfortis has an active ingredient called Spinosad. It is the basis for nerve excitation within the insect’s nervous system, leading to muscle contraction, paralysis and rapid death of target pests. It starts killing the fleas within 30 minutes of dosage.
It may cause side effects, including vomiting, depression, anorexia, scratching, ataxia and itchiness, redness of the skin, diarrhea, seizures and hyper salivation. If you found any of the symptoms on your dogs, do contact your veterinarian immediately. If the dogs had given the over doses of ivermectin to treat non-responsive demodectic mange, then the dog would develop the sign of ivermectin toxicity and this may develop serious vomiting. So, talk with your dog, whenever your dog’s habit is changed.